At Convoy of Hope, our pledge is to maintain effective outreaches by being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We have a responsibility to maintain integrity and openness in our financial practices. Therefore, we are committed to fulfilling the following standards:
- We are governed by a responsible Board of Directors. Our Board establishes policies, sets budgets, oversees operations and reviews organizational accomplishments.
- Our financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- We obtain an annual audit in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards by an independent public accounting firm, BKD, LLP and professional tax services by BKD, LLP.
- Our Board appoints an executive committee to review the annual audit.
- Contributions to Convoy of Hope are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Convoy of Hope is a recipient of the prestigious, Four Star Charity Award from Charity Navigator, and Convoy of Hope has been accepted as a Best of America by the Independent Charities of America.
Convoy of Hope is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) and the Accord (Formerly AERDO).
All gifts are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Contributions are solicited with the understanding that Convoy of Hope has complete control over the use of all donated funds. Our Board-approved policy is that all gifts designated for a specific project be applied to that project, with up to 10% used for administrative and fundraising expenses. Occasionally we receive more contributions for a given project than can be wisely applied to that project. When that happens, we use these funds to meet a similar pressing need. It is our policy to meet the needs that lay before us, so that our stated mission is advanced.
For more information, please check out these documents (Fiscal Year End 12/31/12):
>> 2011 IRS Form 990 - Download PDF
>> 2011 IRS Form 990-T - Download PDF
>> 2012 Convoy of Hope IRS Form 990-T - Download PDF
>> 2012 Convoy of Hope IRS Form 990 - Download PDF
>> 2012 Annual Report - Download PDF
>> 2012 Audited Financial Statements - Download PDF