Thank you for helping us respond to Hurricane Michael
Below you will find an up-to-date package of response assets to help share the great work we are doing together.Talking Points
- Hurricane Michael hit the Florida Panhandle as a Category 4 storm just after noon on Wednesday, October 10 with 155 MPH winds.
- Convoy of Hope’s Disaster Services Team is distributing relief supplies in Marianna, Florida and other nearby communities.
- More than 147,000 people affected by Hurricane Michael have been served by Convoy of Hope in the Florida Panhandle.
- We are distributing product at the POD site at Rivertown Community Church.
- We have received more than 4.4 million pounds of product to support our point of distribution (POD) site and our mobile distribution efforts that serve communities across the affected area.
- Our team has delivered disaster relief products and supplies to 75 communities through mobile distribution.
- An important part of every Convoy disaster strategy is responding to the rural and outlying areas affected. Our team continues to deliver supplies and resources to churches, who then distribute them to rural communities.
- We could not do this work without the volunteers, churches and partner organizations who work right alongside us. More than 1,300 volunteers have given nearly 8,434 hours of their time to provide help and hope to hurricane survivors.
- Please direct media requests to Public Relations Director Jessica Blake at 417-851-4645 or [email protected]
Response Update #10B-Roll Package
Presentation slides, social graphics and more!