Later this month, Convoy of Hope will launch a Veterans Services tent at our Community Event in Las Vegas. This project is near to my heart, as my father died when I was just two years old while serving in the Vietnam War.
Convoy of Hope has recruited the assistance of local organizations and agencies to partner with us to offer support and resources to veterans at these events. We also encourage volunteers at the event to keep the momentum going in their city past the event by honoring veterans regularly.
We encourage you to look at the list below and see how you can honor those who have served and risked their lives for our freedom.
- Say “thank you.” It’s such a small, simple gesture but can mean a lot.
- Place flowers or flags on the graves of veterans.
- Volunteer at a VA Hospital or at your local veteran organizations.
- Send a care package.
- When you see a soldier boarding your fully booked flight, offer them your window or aisle seat.
- If you are a manager or work in HR, hire a veteran.
- Send a “thank you” note to someone you know has and/or is serving in the armed forces.
- Attend a Veteran’s Day parade.
- Ask students to create “thank you” posters and put them up around town for veterans to see.
- Help modify homes for wounded veterans that need ramps, handrails, etc.
We are excited to offer the Veterans Services area at each event we do in the future. We will continue to do whatever we can for veterans and their families who have done so much for us.