At Convoy of Hope, our pledge is to maintain effective outreaches by being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We have a responsibility to maintain integrity and openness in our financial practices. Therefore, we are committed to fulfilling the following standards:
- We are governed by a responsible Board of Directors. Our Board establishes policies, sets budgets, oversees operations and reviews organizational accomplishments.
- Our financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- We obtain an annual audit in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards by an independent public accounting firm, BKD, LLP and professional tax services by BKD, LLP.
- Our Board appoints an audit committee to review the annual audit and tax filings.
- Contributions to Convoy of Hope are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Convoy of Hope is a recipient of the prestigious, Four Star Charity Award from Charity Navigator, and Convoy of Hope has been accepted as a Best of America by the Independent Charities of America.
Convoy of Hope is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) and the Accord (Formerly AERDO).
At Convoy of Hope, accountability and transparency are an integral part of everything we do. From every purpose restricted donation, Convoy of Hope’s Board of Directors may allocate between 12% and 20% of that donation to cover its administrative and fundraising costs. If restricted donations exceed the need of the crisis, the capacity to respond to a crisis and/or when local conditions prevent effective assistance, Convoy of Hope’s Board of Directors may allocate these funds to other worthy projects that help Convoy of Hope fulfill its global mission of helping children and families in need.